Cash register experience is helpful but not required. An outgoing, friendly personality is required.
This position is the face of the grocery store and entails being the cashier at check out, restocking groceries, keeping track of items that might need to be reordered, taking special orders and keeping the store clean and neat. Customers often need help finding things, with food and cooking ideas and with general information. We want our customers to feel at home and comfortable when they are shopping at The Hungry Moose. This atmosphere is created by a friendly retail staff. The retail clerk is also responsible for general opening and closing chores.
Part time or full time
- Exhibits good customer service and a friendly manner toward customers and fellow staff at all times
- Assists customers while shopping and at check out
- Handles payments of all grocery orders
- Is comfortable with all payment procedures, cash register, scale, credit card machine, charge accounts etc...
- Answers the telephone
- Is familiar with and knows all food items and their prospective prices
- Knows how to handle customer complaints
- Knows all running duties during down times
- Knows all opening and closing duties
- Maintains the market’s visual appearance, keeping it clean and neat
- Is familiar with website and procedure for taking and executing delivery orders
- Is willing to make deliveries
- Is familiar with taking orders for and making gift baskets