Employment: Prep & Savory Cook
The Savory Cook has exceptional skills and desire to craft healthy, savory foods including soups, salads, entrées and more. They love cooking and have a pallet that is fresh and healthy, they are able to prioritize tasks, and are efficient in producing large quantities of food.
- Follow and complete prep list each shift
- Label & stock ingredients
- Slice meats, cheese, vegetables (ability to use industrial slicer), prepare eggs, potatoes, etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are properly stored
- Execute special orders
- Follow recipes to achieve consistency
- Follow cooking schedule set by Department Manager
- Assist in the development of recipes, menu changes and adjustments based on seasonality and cost effectiveness
- Standardize recipes and plate presentations
- Occasionally order supplies, foods and ingredients