Managerial experience in retail or food service
The manager of the retail side of The Hungry Moose Market & Deli must be self-motivated, positive and an exemplary employee. General appearance of the store and motivating the retail staff are essential parts of your responsibilities. In addition, the manager must be knowledgeable in all aspects of the grocery side of things including keeping track of inventory and ordering from vendors. The manager will help establish, perform and train employees in the opening, closing and daily running procedures of the store. This position in the store serves as a source of information for the staff, as well as, the customer.
Full-time, 45-50 hours per week, weekend & evening work required
- Wait on customers and set a great example for the rest of the staff
- Is an expert in all responsibilities outlined above in the retail clerk position
- Inventory control - keep track of inventory in all departments and learn how to place orders from various vendors.
- Oversee the money matters (banking, tills, making change for registers, approve and issue gift certificates, paid-outs, refunds and voids, invoices)
- Store presentation - assess overall store presentation each day, must be constantly aware of appearance of store, inside and out. Set up weekly and monthly cleaning tasks and follow up on their completion. Delegate cleaning and stocking responsibilities. Work with the staff to make sure each area of the store looks its best every day. This means clean, well-stocked shelves. Report equipment and fixture needs to owners as soon as possible. Make sure the safety and well-being of the staff and customers is top priority. Take corrective measures when necessary.
- Staff management - take ultimate responsibility for staff conduct. Help with interviewing and hiring when necessary. Help with conducting job performance reviews. Must be an excellent delegator. Responsible for reporting any problems or concerns to owners.
- Customer service - promote customer relations through networking, staff awareness programs, staff incentives and training. Educate customers through the use of signs and sampling. Follow up on customers complaints and suggestions.
- Be extremely familiar with website and all procedures for processing delivery orders. Help maintain and update prices and inventory on website.
- Willing to work extra hours during peak times.