Employment: Cashier/Stocking Crew
GROCERY CREW for Summer 2021
Projected Start Date: June 08 - June 12, 2021
GROCERY CREW w/ a CREATIVE Spirit: The grocery department is an eclectic market and wine and flower shop where customers may find everything they need in one place. The grocery crew goes above and beyond to ensure each person that walks through our store has a unique experience.
- Assist with processing flowers, creating floral arrangements and assembling gift baskets
- Ring up grocery items with accuracy and efficiency
- stock displays without overcrowding; face items on the shelf, maintaining the integrity of all sets
- Pull short-date or low quality items and follow established procedures for recording and disposing of items
- Label items accurately with price tags or signs, reporting price discrepancies to Inventory and Ordering Specialist
- Coordinate stocking priorities with Shift Lead or Department Manager, completing daily checklist each shift
- Maintain a clean and well-organized back-stock area
- Assist with grocery delivery orders including shopping orders, ringing up and boxing items, restocking, etc.
- Assist deli to ensure patio and dining area is continually cleaned, organized, and stocked
The Grocery Crew may take on more responsibility by ordering products for a specific section of the store (i.e. general merchandise, gift items, candy, etc.). They “own” their section, follow trends, and articulate a strategy and vision for the section, while working with the Inventory and Ordering Specialist. They are creative, purpose-driven, self-guided and able to prioritize.
- Receive and process orders. Check condition of product and invoice accuracy on all deliveries.
- Ensure adequate supply of products keeping out of stocks to a minimum, communicating issues to Inventory and Ordering Specialist
- Ensure products are properly tagged and labeled, and shelves are loaded with fresh products and rotated properly at all times
- Keep vendors/suppliers updated on current back stock
- Coordinate returns and credit from suppliers when needed